Friday 9 September 2011

March 31st will be a good day indeed [I hope]

Dear blog

I’m sorry I’ve neglected you.

I’ve had things on my mind plus I run 2 other blogs.

There is a real sense of understanding ‘time’ and a real need to somehow stretch it out and make everything count at the moment.

In the corner of my eye, just out of visibility there is this huge giant clock showing a count down. At the moment I’m at work and that count down is firstly to the end of the day when I can escape this festering landscape of repetition… then there is increasing awareness of the END date. Which for me is March 31st … and then I’m increasingly aware of time slipping through my hands like a large strand of bunting I just can’t quite grab hold of it and make it stop. My son has started junior school, be it the summer tan, the new haircut or the new uniform but he suddenly appears to have matured. He’s taking responsibility for more and more. TICK TOCK TICK TOCK. Sometimes it’s deafening.

2012 shall bring some relief to this work related lunacy I’m sure of it. Well I’m hopeful of it.

Time and what can be accomplished in the measured doses of it seems to be playing a large part in the microcosm I live it. My best friend in the entire world has Hodgkins Lymphoma stage 4b. This sucks. Rather a lot and it’s a case of here we go again. It takes x amount of time to be diagnosed and x amount of time to start treatments. Answers are vague and decisions seem nonsensical.  I’ve been in denial with her, angry with her and now we’re accepting it together. My role is one of clown, one of perspective giver and one of empathy provider.  

I’m very much aware though that this magical state of 31st March is one where not only my life, but hopefully hers will turn a corner. So much seem to be waiting March 31st.

Then in wallowing melancholy I think about people who meant a lot to me. People I’ve lost through life, through death and that too makes me fearful of next year. Who next ..? Who else is going to depart?

I watched a work related video yesterday. In this video they told us how everything is going to be great when we lose our jobs, how the only thing stopping us is ourselves. So that’s ok. Duh! If I make it ok it will be ok. That’s ok then. Whilst I was being subjected to this saccharin high fiveness of corporate crappolla I looked around the room to see a vast majority of ‘colleagues’ donning droopy slack jawed expressions like they were actually enjoying being told how great not having a job will be. I was sat next to one lady who applauded the positivity oozing from the egocentric speaker. I too could be like him if I made that choice. BLUGH. I guess its freedom of choice really. If people like this shit then who am I to gripe.

So perhaps I need to make the choice to stop being obstructive with my opinions, make the choice to take the easier path of acceptance. This is after all what Buddhism tells me. I’m just such an obstinate witch at times, although I’m told this is due to inherited Karma. Sometimes that’s crystal clear, like looking through a sheet of glass, other times it’s more like a mirror. I just see me cocking up and being shit and I’m frustrated that I can’t change and refuse to believe this is a cyclical and inherited.

Anywhooo enough of my negativity. Plaster the face of optimism back on and attempt to spread good cheer and happiness.

Lilly
x

1 comment:

  1. First of all, stay clear off the Daily Mail website, go to pinterest, loose yourself in Wikipedia, just leave the daily mail page... Now!
    It's quite a dilemma you got on your hands, what to do with opinions, acceptance and karma.

    So you could choose to settle in and become a "believer" of this whole everything-will-turn-out-just-fine, a IT Pollyanna, but being not born this way, this would mean going against your very own nature and getting an infinite string of ulcers and headache.

    You can keep expressing your opinion and get frustrated because nothing changes.
    But this is not exactly true, because things are changing as we go on and next year will be different, even though frustration will probably remain.

    Or you could take a Taoist way, look for the "right middle": you can keep being who you are and refuse to assimilate to the bah bah of corporate herds. And at the same time try to put it aside, put some distance between it and yourself. At the end, we both know that even if we spend good part of the day at work, our job is not what really matters: people we love are.

    Smile an evil smile at annoying manager, go for a cup of tea with a friend, grow some plants, have fun and stay away from the Daily Mail!!!

    ReplyDelete